Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Blalock List

Blalock Indie Rock Playlist - September 2013

2.  Laura Veirs - America
6. American Authors - Believer - DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BLALOCK REMIX - Their sound is very similar to Imagine Dragons.
7.  RY X - Berlin - Short and sweet
11. Satellite Stories - Campfire - Just ok.  Nope, I take that back, they lost me at the end of the song.  Kind of a Phoenix sound up until 2min 30secs.
13. Two Door Cinema Club - Changing of the Seasons - Electro-pop
14. Caravan Palace - Clash - Definitely a club song but a jazzy, Great Gatsbyish feel.  Just a little too long.
17. The Jungle Giants - Come and be Alone with Me - Pretty simple beat line, but there's something to be said for a well placed hand clap.
20. Wild Child - Crazy Bird - I really like this song.  Male and female harmony, good.  String instruments, good.  A well placed whistle section, really good!  Coming to the Frequency on Halloween. New album drops in October.
21. Vaults - Cry No More - Just ok.  Reminds me of Florence and the Machine

***** Public Service Announcement *****
You must watch Billy on the Street.  It's a half hour "game show" (not really) on Funny or Die.  The "host" Billy Eichner is hilarious!  Watch it!

51.  London Grammer - Interlude
52.  The Dismemberment Plan - Invisible - Different but I like it.  Kind of catchy.  I looked up the band bio and they are an old band that's making a come back  We'll see.

***** Another Public Service Announcement *****
Check out the band a A Great Big World.  Their video for This is the New Year is a lot of fun and they sound like Fun.  They're touring with 2Cellos and will be in Milwaukee at the Pabst on Oct. 22.

53. We are Twin - Keep on Lovin you - very Fitz and the Tantrums-y
77. Kishi Bashi - I love Kishi Bashi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
78. Me Like Bees - Pneumonia - This song is over 8 minutes long which is way too long and usually means that they're a jam band it's going to be awful.  However this was something else, I liked it, all 8 minutes of it.
80. Rue Royale - Pull me Like a String - OK, maybe not!  I liked it until 1:50 and the female vocal starts doing something really really annoying.  I might skip this one if I were you.
85. Gap Dream - Shine Your Love - I like this song but I listened to their other stuff and it's no good.
88. The Paper Kites - St. Clarity - I'm a sucker for a banjo!
94. Dustin Tebbutt - The Breach - Sounds a lot like Bon Iver.
97. Geographer - This is How We Walk on the Moon
99. Atlas Genius - Trojans


Not the best month's list but I was happy to see Kishi Bashi on their and really happy to have been introduced to Wild Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment